You are here
Ergonomics is an applied science which emphasizes the importance of designing workstations (i.e. office furniture or industrial work areas and equipment) so the workstation fits the individual worker. The objective is to "design out" as many ergonomic risk factors as possible in an effort to reduce musculoskeletal disorders (MSD). Ergonomics is also referred to as Human Factors.
The following fact sheets are available on this page:
- Take our online Ergonomic Education training
- UMD's Self Evaluation Checklist
- Ergonomic Chair Criteria
- Ergonomics - Basic Tips video
- Vendors for Ergonomic Products
- Laptop Ergonomics
- OSHA's Computer Workstation Checklists
Stretches and Exercises
- Back Exercises making your back work for you.
- Exercises for the Desk-bound
- Neck Exercises
- Sitting Back back fitness for people who sit.
Tips to avoid injury
- Back at Your Desk How to move in your chair