You are here
Occupational Health Unit - University Health Center
The agency responsible for the asbestos medical surveillance program at the University of Maryland. Specific duties include:
- Utilizing criteria contained in the OSHA asbestos regulations, establishes the criteria by which medical surveillance examinations are performed,
- Conducts or reviews all initial and follow-up medical examinations performed to establish employees' acceptability for participation in the Asbestos Control Program,
- Determines fitness of employees to utilize respiratory protection,
- Notifies employees' supervisors and the Facility Coordinator of employees' current medical status as it pertains to continued participation in the Asbestos Control Program,
- Maintains all medical records in accordance with confidentiality regulations.