You are here
The individuals at the University of Maryland, responsible for conducting asbestos abatement activities of quantities not to exceed 160 square feet or 260 linear feet per building per calender year. Specific duties include:
- Completes 32-hour EPA-accredited training course (8-hour annual retraining) provided by an accredited training provider,
- Follows directions of the project's "competent person",
- Utilizes appropriate work practices and protective equipment as directed by regulations, policies and the on-site supervisor ("competent person"),
- Thoroughly wets asbestos-containing materials before removal, and
- Properly packages, labels, transports and disposes asbestos waste.