You are here
Asbestos Building Inspectors:
The individuals at the University of Maryland, responsible for evaluating building materials for the presence of asbestos, and determining its condition. Specific duties include:
- Completes a 24-hour EPA-accredited training course (4-hour annual retraining) provided by an accredited training provider,
- Collects and processes bulk samples of materials suspected to contain asbestos, and interprets laboratory analyses,
- Identifies homogeneous (alike) materials within facilities for the purpose of establishing asbestos locations and determining appropriate number/locations of samples to collect.
- Evaluates the condition of asbestos materials and the potential for damage,
- Prepares asbestos inventories and site locator diagrams, and
- Maintains sampling, inspection and inventory records.