Skip to main content
You are here
Damage to personal property (tort claims)
- Damage to personal property is covered, but an estimate and list must be sent to the State Treasury Office.
- Theft is not covered under any circumstance.
- Individuals who wish to file a tort claim should read the Instructions for the Notice of Claim and then fill out a Notice of Claim (available in PDF or Word).
- Departments are not allowed to buy their own insurance for coverage for theft (Personal or State property). Departments should take precautions to secure their property.
- If you have any further questions concerning tort claims, you may contact us at (301) 405-3960.