You are here
Researchers should consult the BioRAFT Information for Researchers & Laboratories.
The University of Maryland has purchased the BioRAFT platform in order to centrally manage safety inspections and training. This platform streamlines compliance by allowing both ESSR and our customers to manage safety through a single portal.
In 2013, a University Systems audit that found that departments had difficulty tracking inspection responses by laboratories and training records of lab personnel. BioRAFT was purchased so that departments could monitor and follow up on compliance issues related to training, inspections, and registration of biological materials. University leadership and ESSR can also monitor compliance and track trending issues over time using this system. In 2020, training records for non-researchers were added. This will allow training records to be housed in one system and eventually allow non-researcher staff to take advantage of BioRAFT’s other features such as inspections.
Our instructions and help (requires UMD log in):
- View your training record
- Take or Register for Training
- Group Managers can view their employees records
- Group Manager assign Job Activities which trigger training requirements
- Check who requires training
- Prevent automated Emails/BioRAFT email going to SPAM
- How do I add a temporary user who has no UID?
- I am having issues taking Online Training