You are here
Memo: Applicant for Authorization to Use Radiation Producing Equipment
- Applicant for Authorization to Use Radiation Producing Equipment
- Radiation Safety Officer
University of Maryland
- Application for Possession and Use of Radiation Producing Equipment at University of Maryland, College Park, and Satellite Facilities
The following packet of information contains an application form and various other items that must be completed and returned to the Radiation Safety Office (RSO) for review and action concerning the possession and use of radiation producing equipment.
- Application for Possession and Use of Radiation Producing Equipment. Complete items 1-12.
- Training and Experience Form. Each user of RAM must complete this form in full.
- Receipt and Comprehension of Radiation Safety Manual and Supplement: Sign and date the form and return with application. A Radiation Safety Manual and Supplement is provided for your use.
- Dosimetry Service: If this service has not been requested, complete the application for dosimeter and return to RSO.
Upon completion and receipt of all material listed, the Radiation Safety Office will review your application and forward the request to the Radiation Safety Committee (RSC) for action.
An interim approval of the application can be given by the Radiation Safety Officer or the Radiation Committee Chairman in the periods between the regular RSC Meetings.
The RSO will contact you of the action taken on your application and notify you if further action is required. If you have any questions or require additional help, contact our office at (301) 314-8336.