You are here
|ESSR Field Research||Miriam Sharp (301) 405-2070|
|ESSR Risk Management||Katharine Peeling (301) 405-3965|
|ESSR Diving Safety||Joshua Dykman (301) 405-3960|
|ESSR Boating Safety||Joshua Dykman (301) 405-3960|
|ESSR Biosafety Officer||Sherry Bohn (301) 405-3975|
|Director of International Risk Management||Leanne Johnson (301) 314-7748|
|IRB||Joseph Smith (301) 405-0678|
|IACUC||Pamela Lanford (301) 405-7295|
|Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct||Title IX Coordinator (301) 405-1142|
|Export Compliance Office||Adam Grant (301) 405-4212|
|Office of General Counsel||Jen Gartner (301) 405-4997|
|Office of Research Administration||Evan Crierie (301) 405-6273|
|Health Center: International Clinic||(301) 315-8120|
|University of Maryland Police Department||Emergency: (301) 405-3333;
Non-emergency: (301) 405-3555
|Cultural Insurance Services International||Emergency: (01-312) 935-1703;
Non-emergency: (800) 303-8120
- Global Expertise at UMD - Office of International Affairs provides a database of faculty contacts at UMD that work in particular countries or regions
- UMD Office of Emergency Management
- UMD Department of Business Services
- UMD Education Abroad Office
- UMD Disability Support Services
- UMD Integrated Research Resources on Campus (IRRoC)
- United States Department of Interior Motorboat Operator Certification Course Student Manual - Provides extensive information on boating safety
- CDC - Provides information on recommended vaccinations and endemic diseases in foreign countries.
- State Department - Provides travel alerts and warnings for hazards and disruptions in foreign countries.
- Werner, D., Thuman, C., and Maxwell, J. Where There is No Doctor : a Village Health Care Handbook
- Auerbach, P. Field Guide to Wilderness Medicine Elsevier Health Sciences, 2013.
- Ice, G., Defour, D., and Stevens, N. Disasters in Field Research: Preparing for and Coping with Unexpected Events. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, 2015.
- Forgey, W. Wilderness Medicine, Beyond First Aid. Globe Pequot, 2012.
- Cox, S., and Fulsaas, K. Mountaineering: The freedom of the hills. Hubsta Ltd, 2003.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. Wilderness First Aid: Emergency Care in Remote Locations. Jones & Bartlett Publishers, 2013.